Obama: Electoral votes make nice birthday gifts
Supporters in suburban Orlando sang “Happy Birthday” to Obama during a campaign rally on Thursday, an early nod to his birthday on Saturday. The president says his birthday wishes probably involve “electoral votes,” adding, “Winning Florida wouldn’t be a bad birthday present.”
Obama is expected to keep a low profile on his birthday, spending the weekend at Camp David, the private presidential retreat in Maryland’s Catoctin Mountains.
But presidential politics will get the birthday treatment. The president is holding a birthday-themed fundraiser at his family home on Chicago’s South Side on Aug. 12.
- Mitt Romney’s Path To Electoral College Victory Is Still Very Narrow (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Polls Give Obama Edge in Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida (nytimes.com)
- Romney ad hits Obama on Florida economy (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Most Voters Say US Should Help Israel in Attack on Iran (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- Fla Q Poll: Obama 51%, Romney 45% (tampabay.com)