New Zealand Olympic venue evacuated over BBQ fire

View Comments

(AP) – London’s Fire Brigade says about 300 people have been evacuated from New Zealand’s Olympic hospitality center after gas cylinders connected to a barbecue caught fire.

The fire brigade said nobody was injured in Wednesday night’s fire at Kiwi House in the King’s Cross district of central London.

Staff at the New Zealand embassy-run venue say in a tweet that a “rather large fire” engulfed an outdoor barbecue area. Pictures posted on social media sites showed the BBQ site, with wood walls and a canopy, on fire.

The fire brigade says two fire engines were dispatched and extinguished the blaze.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 28,185 other followers