Freeway work will close the 60
DIAMOND BAR (CNS) – A section of the eastbound Pomona (60) Freeway will be closed in Diamond Bar early tomorrow morning as part of a $32 million pavement improvement project that will also affect some connector roads and ramps in the area.
The eastbound 60 Freeway closure will be in effect from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. Tuesday between Grand Avenue and the southbound Orange (57) Freeway, said Peter Jones of Caltrans.
Also on Tuesday, up to three lanes of the eastbound 60 Freeway will close, starting at 10 p.m., between the 57 Freeway and the Chino Valley (71) Freeway in Pomona. The closure will extend through 6 a.m. Wednesday.
– from 9 p.m. Tuesday through 6 a.m. Wednesday, the eastbound 60 Freeway carpool lane between the southbound 57 Freeway and Diamond Bar Boulevard;
– from 11 p.m. Tuesday through 6 a.m Wednesday, the connector from eastbound 60 Freeway to northbound 57 Freeway;
– from 11 p.m. Tuesday through 6 a.m. Wednesday, the connector from northbound 57 Freeway to eastbound 60 Freeway;
– from 9 p.m. Tuesday through 6 a.m. Wednesday, the eastbound 60 Freeway on- and offramps at Grand Avenue; and
– from 9 p.m. Tuesday through 6 a.m. Wednesday , the eastbound 60 Freeway offramp at Diamond Bar Boulevard.
The improvement project is expected to be completed this winter. Detours will be posted, and the closures are subject to change.