Freak accident kills boy watching 'pass out' video

View Comments

CHULA VISTA, Calif. (AP) – Authorities say a San Diego County teenager has died in a freak accident after he made himself pass out and then fell onto glass that slashed his throat.

Chula Vista police Sgt. John Stires says the boy and two friends were in the boy’s home shortly after 7 p.m. Tuesday, watching an Internet video about how to intentionally pass out through hyperventilation.

Stires says the boy used the technique, passed out and fell forward. He landed on a glass tumbler that broke and gashed his throat.

Stires says the boy regained consciousness but collapsed again. His family tried to help him and paramedics were called but he died at a hospital. His name hasn’t been released.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 28,167 other followers