Google creates interactive map to track Sandy
The Google Crisis Response team has assembled a Hurricane Sandy map with emergency preparedness information such as:
- Location tracking, including the hurricane’s current and forecasted paths, courtesy of the NOAA-National Hurricane Center
- Public alerts, including evacuation notices, storm warnings, and more, via weather.gov and earthquake.usgs.gov
- Radar and cloud imagery from weather.com and the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
- Evacuation information and routes
- Shelters and recovery centers will appear as they become operational
- Storm footage and storm-related YouTube videos, curated by Storyful
A New York City map will also include evacuation zone information, open shelters, weather information and live webcams.
If you know anyone who lives in the path of the storm, you may want to share this link: Google Crisis Map.