Dogs alert sleeping man to fire, but 1 dog dies

View Comments

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) – Four dogs woke a sleeping man who escaped with his life as flames roared through a Northern California fourplex.

The man ran downstairs with three dogs on his heels, but one of the dogs made a wrong turn into a bedroom and died of smoke inhalation.

The San Jose Mercury News says firefighters arrived Thursday night to find a bedroom fully involved in flames and heavy smoke on the second floor.

The fire was quickly extinguished and the dead dog was found on the second floor.

Investigators say the fire appears to be accidental.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 28,182 other followers