Longtime television critic and entertainment journalist-turned-novelty entrepreneur Ray Richmond has been inspired to reinvent both himself and the iconic fortune cookie into a more modern version.
Richmond tells KFWB’s Maggie McKay how he decided to get into the fortune cookie business:
At present, the cookies are available for order at www.SmartestCookies.com.
The 20 different Christmas messages include:
- You will spread hope and joy throughout the Christmas season and then abruptly stop in January.
- It’s confusing to you that there is a Christmas Eve but no Christmas Adam.
- Soon you will consider donning gay apparel.
- If you’re a lord, please stop leaping. You’re scaring the children.
- And: A jolly man in a red suit will illegally enter into your home, traumatize your children, and give them toys.
- The collection of 20 Hanukkah messages include:
- If you don’t think oil can last for eight days, try not washing your hair for a week.
- Our holiday isn’t quite as cool as theirs. But we run all of the banks.
- Every time someone wishes you a Merry Christmas, you’ll think extra-Jewish thoughts to compensate.
- Your most vexing dilemma this month is whether to go with applesauce or sour cream.
- And: “I’m Judah Maccabee, and I approve this message.”