Owner: Dog may have been poisoned at Westminster

View Comments
A Samoyed dog. (AP Photo)

A Samoyed dog. (AP Photo)

NEW YORK (AP) — A dog owner says she thinks there’s a chance her prized pet was deliberately poisoned while competing at the Westminter Kennel Club show, causing it to die several days later.

Lynette Blue tells The Associated Press that her 3-year-old Samoyed named Cruz probably swallowed poison during the recent show.

But she said Thursday she’s not sure how it happened, and may never know.

The dog’s death was first reported by The New York Times.

Westminster issued a statement Thursday saying it wasn’t aware of any dogs ever being poisoned at its show. The 137th Westminster drew 2,721 entries earlier this month.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 28,151 other followers