Shopping for a new car? Don’t forget about Fido
SANTA MONICA (CNS) – Santa Monica-based car-shopping website Edmunds.com today released a survey of vehicles rated for pet safety and friendliness.
According to the website, the top 10 pet-safe vehicles, all less than $35,000, were:
– Dodge Journey: Available features include an in-dash cooler that can be used to store beverages, medicine or pet food.
– Ford Flex: The crossover offers ample legroom and wide door openings for your pet’s easy ingress and egress.
– GMC Acadia: The Acadia’s tri-zone climate control helps monitor temperature in the rear of the vehicle, thus ensuring that pets secured in back aren’t exposed to extreme heat
– Hyundai Tucson: This Hyundai offers privacy glass that helps block the strong rays of the sun.
– Jeep Liberty: The Jeep brand offers specialized pet travel gear, including crates, carriers and a ramp.
– Kia Soul: The Soul comes standard with side curtain airbags that can keep both two-legged and four-legged passengers safe in the event of a collision.
– Mazda 5: The Mazda 5 has tethers and anchors in both the second and third rows that can be used to secure pet safety seats in the same way as children’s seats.
– Mitsubishi Outlander: The SUV also boasts fold-flat seating and stowable third-row seats, both of which increase the amount of room available for larger pets.
– Subaru Tribeca: Pet owners will appreciate the Tribeca’s five-star crash test scores, steering-wheel-mounted auxiliary controls and rear back-up camera.
– Volvo XC70: The XC70 is available with a Volvo-designed pet barrier, created to remain intact during a collision.