Vets save NYC dog who swallowed 111 pennies

View Comments

NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Daily News reports that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.

The 13-year-old pooch’s owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.

That’s when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.

The dog’s owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 28,161 other followers