Dog electrocuted by exposed wires in LA park

View Comments

 

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say copper thieves may be to blame for the death of a dog that was electrocuted when he stepped on an electrified utility box cover in a Los Angeles park.

KABC-TV reports Wednesday that a dog named Brownie was walking in a large grassy field at San Pascual Park in Highland Park Monday when he suddenly howled.

Owner Michel Giraldo says he found Brownie trembling and twitching, and thought the dog was having some sort of attack before he realized his dog was being electrocuted by the metal plate on the ground below him.

He tried to grab the canine, and felt the jolt himself.

City park officials say copper theft is a persistent problem and they believe thieves left the live wire exposed, resulting in the electrocution.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 28,182 other followers