TripAdvisor survey reveals that Los Angeles is the 6th most expensive city in the U.S. to visit. The TripIndex Cities survey compares the cost of a hotel stay, cocktail, two course dinner with a bottle of wine, and round-trip taxi fares in each major city.
TripAdvisor Director of Communications Brook Forensic explains:
Other statistics from TripIndex Cities include:
· Average nightly rate for a 4-star hotel has risen 18% since summer 2012
· Oslo, Norway is the costliest global city, and Sofia, Bulgaria is the best bargain internationally
· Orlando, FL has the largest increase in hotel prices up 33% from last year, followed by Denver, CO with a 32% increase
· The South is the most affordable region in the nation, and Asia is the most affordable internationally
· Travelers can spend 1 night in a Honolulu hotel or 3 nights in a Las Vegas hotel for the same price
Learn more at TripAdvisor.com.