Worker electrocuted at Honda Center
ANAHEIM (CNS) – State officials today were investigating the electrocution of a worker at the Honda Center in Anaheim.
Gabriel Gonzalez, 35, of El Monte, was electrocuted at the arena on Tuesday afternoon, according to authorities.
Gonzalez, an electrician, was working for First Electrical Service, which was contracted by Banyan Group Construction for renovations at the Honda Center, said Peter Melton of Cal-OSHA.
Gonzalez was working on an elevated platform when “we think he cut into a live wire inside of an electrical room,” Melton said.
The wire jolted Gonzalez with 480 volts, Melton said. Gonzalez was pronounced dead at 3:49 p.m. at UC Irvine Medical Center in Orange, according to the Orange County Coroner’s Office.