The top 5 most influential candy bars of all time
Time magazine just released a list of the 13 most influential candy bars of all time. What makes a candy bar influential? Here are the top five with explanations.
1. Kit Kat. “Beyond being the first candy bar to be marketed around sharing, which helped turn chocolate into a social snack, Kit Kat was also the first to gain a global following.”
2. Hershey’s Milk Chocolate. “Nestle may have invented milk chocolate, but Hershey’s made it mainstream. By building its factory right in the middle of dairy land . . . [they] powered an unparalleled distribution network.”
3. Toblerone. “Debuted in 1908 [as] the first bar to debut with a filling.”
4. Nestle Milk Chocolate. “Prior to this bar’s introduction in 1875, bar-form cocoa was bitter, chewy, and dark.”
5. Snickers. “More than 80 years after its launch, this is the world’s best-selling [candy bar]. Although it may not have revolutionized candy bar taste or distribution, it’s unparalleled at selling itself.”