Register

Halifax River

This photo provided by Patty Konietzky shows her husband's foot of what they thought was a bug bite on Sept. 22, 2013, in Ormond Beach, Fla. Patty and her husband, Henry "Butch" Konietzky, went crabbing in the Halifax River near Ormond Beach in September. Butch developed a sore which was later confirmed to be vibrio vulnificus. The bacteria spread quickly in his body and he died 60 hours later. (AP Photo/Patty Konietsky)

31 in Fla. infected by bacteria in salt water; 10 have died

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Patty Konietzky thought the small purple lesion on her husband’s ankle was a spider bite. But when the lesion quickly spread across his body like a constellation, she knew something […]

10/11/2013

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 28,174 other followers